Sunday, June 12, 2011

Let's Talk About Weave...

As I mentioned a few days ago, I am a Sally Beauty Supply w. And there is one an only reason for that. I am completely addicted to clip-in hair weave. These are the extensions I get, and I dye them to match my hair. So let's get real first and see the actual blah-ness of my actual hair.

I will say two things about these pictures. 1. I took these this morning, and I hadn't even brushed my hair. So it looks slightly more gross than normal. (Give me a break, it's freaking Sunday.) 2. I was not aware of the tragedy that is the apparent double chin that I have. I will give that immediate attention; trust. So c'mon after the jump to see the magical extension tour.




So these are the extensions as they come. As you can see, they aren't the same color as my hair (Which is shoved up in the third picture, on the right side.) So to fix this, I dye them with a semi-permanent that is close to my hair color. I used Natural Instincts medium brown or something, I don't know, I threw it out. But if you're freaked out, and want it perfect, ideally take them to your hair stylist. More on that in a minute.


So here is this finished product. I also trim the hair so it looks more natural, and I use a pack and a half of hair because my hair is so short right now. I have to create layers in it, or it will look straight up like Billy Ray Cyrus circa 1992. Not what we are going for. Or if you are, go for it. Retro. Anyway, the whole cutting the extensions is another step in that you might want to visit your stylist. I don't give an f, I'm lazy, and I want everything done RIGHT NOW, so I do it myself.

So that's it! From meh to fabulous in minutes. Now just clip those puppies in when you want to add a little oomph and raw sexyness. (Okay that might be over-stepping.) Just try it. Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

storystack

Google