Monday, May 13, 2013

'Tis the End of My Era, and Somehow...50 Cent.

This crap is going to be semi-sentimental, and pretty much just about me. (ME, ME, ME!) So if you aren't feeling that, feel free to skip ahead. I'll put everything after the break, so you won't be bothered by my stupid life.

via makemelaughgifs


During my Spring Break of 2003, I saw 50 Cent at an MTV Spring Break thing. I was really close; I was on a float in a pool and he was performing on this runway thing that went through the water. This was literally like right after "In da Club" came out, so his career was really just starting to be poppin' like those bottles of bubb. (Sorry, it was just asking to be said.) So, like I said, I was superclose to him. Close enough to really see his face, and look in his eyes, and honey pecs looked SCARED. Like terrified scared. It really made me feel for him -- you could tell that dude felt super weird and overwhelmed. I mean, all of these random college-aged kids are screaming in your face, when two months ago nobody knew, or cared, who the eff you were.


Fast forward now to ten years later, and 50 Cent is richer than he probably ever even imagined. B made a friggin' KILLING from Vitamin Water, and had a ton of success from his music in the 2000's. Boo Boo is set. That little Spring Break silly sh*t would be a whole lot of nothing to his ass now.

So what in mother eff does that have to do with me? Well, really, nothing. Except for that in the tiniest way I can relate. My reign as the first Allure magazine Beauty Blogger of the Year is coming to an end in a couple of weeks. It's probably the biggest thing that will ever happen to me, and this year has gone by so fast. I grew up reading Allure in my teens, trying to sneak it into the grocery cart without my mom seeing so I could learn more about beauty. (This was before REAL internet, people. All we had were AOL chat room chock full o' creepers back then.) So to be affiliated with them in any way is insane for me, and still somewhat unbelievable.


Here's the semi-Fiddy tie in: Before this year, I would have been so scared to do so many of the things I've done. And now, weirdly, I'm so not scared. Even though I'll never be rich (or die tryin'), I've also lost that fear. Before Allure, I had literally zero readers. Every once in a while, I could get a friend or two to read the sh*t I had written. I'm not ridiculously popular now, but I do feel like I have a handful of you guys that sometimes give an ish. I've often contemplated stopping all of this nonsense, but whenever I do, I get an email or comment from someone saying that I made them laugh. Or taught them something. Or that they hate my ass like Brenda hates Kelly. Whatever.

What I'm trying to say, in a terribly thought out way, is that I am so thankful for all of you mofos. You take the time out of your day to check out the stupid sh*t that I'm doing, when you could be watching ANY of the Real Housewives franchises and drinking copious amount of boxed wine. THANK YOU for being a friend. (You're totally the Rose.) You b's have made my heart turn from the deepest black to a softer black with your support, and you will always have a place in that lump of coal (right below Grumpy Cat).


Now let's carry on with the regularly scheduled effery and forget I said any of this. Back to the worldwide verbal shanking.






Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

storystack

Google