Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Get The Most Out of Your Lashes, and Not Look (That) Insane

Who doesn't want long, luscious lashes straight out of a Bambi cartoon? I know I do. That ish is hot. Flower's eyelashes were the business. Who knew it was possible to be jealous of an (animal) cartoon? Don't get all crazy and b-faced about it. I've got some tips to make Flower look like ish. (Now that's just mean.)

1. Try Latisse! 


Seriously, don't be scared of this mess. I've been using Latisse for almost two years, and I'm totally into this ish. You use it initially every night for like four months or so, and then go onto the maintenance phase, where you use it a few nights a week to keep your results.

 It's prescription, so you have to get it from a doctor, or at least a medical spa. That's kind of a pain in the ass, but you can usually find decent deals on Latisse. It retails for $120, but lots of docs/spas have BOGO on it or other good discounts.

Tip: Put a drop in the cap of the bottle and dip the brush in the cap to apply. It makes it last longer, trust. I've been on the same bottle for like six months. This isn't what the directions that come with the bottle says to do, so if you eyeball falls out or something, don't sue me. I'm not a doctor, I'm dumb.

2. Line your waterlines.

Sephora Cream Liner, $10
NOTHING makes sparse lashes look more bountiful than lining your waterlines. You are probably saying, "DUBS TEE EFF is a damn waterline???" It's the inner line of your eyelid right past your eyelash line, before your actual ball. Gots it? Line those b's with a cream or gel black eyeliner, using a very thin, angled brush. I promise your lashes will look better. That ish cray!

Tip: Don't wear a ton of eyeshadow if you want your eyelashes to look longer. The more shadow you pile on, the less focus will be on the lashes.

3. Wear two different mascaras.
My down ass b mascara.
I know that this sounds weird, but just try it. If you layer two different mascaras together, lashes look more voluminous. What the what??? I like to use L'Oreal Voluminous mascara first, wait a minute, then follow with a more "lengthening" type of mascara. I like Cover Girl Lash Perfection currently for the second mascara.

Tip: Use a mascara with a plastic brush for the second mascara. It gets all of the nasty clumps out, and takes away the Tammy Faye (RIP, homegirl) spider lash look.

4. Wear falsies.
Cheap and not insane looking.
No, not in your bra. (But those are cool, too.) Fake eyelashes are the ultimate step in amping up your lashes, obvs. And they really aren't THAT hard to apply. It takes a little practice and good glue (I recommend DUO Adhesive that MAC sells.) I'll make a video on how I apply falsies soon, not that I'm a freakin' expert or anything.

Tips: Let the lash glue dry for a couple minutes before you put the falsies on. They will stay on MUCH better than if you just throw those b's on willy nilly. Truth. Also, be conservative when you pick your fakes. Don't get the biggest, craziest pair on the rack. Pretend like Jane Austen is shopping for eyelashes at CVS with you. (What does that even mean?!? WWMDT -- What Would Mr. Darcy Think?)

If you follow all of these tips, your lashes will be more on point than this:


You're welcome. (That b!)



Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

storystack

Google