Thursday, July 12, 2012

Badass tarte Kit + Helping the Rainforest = Oh Yayer! (Thanks, Outkast.)

The peeps over at tarte sent me the what has your makeup done for you lately? kit to try, which goes on sale tomorrow only on QVC and qvc.com. The kit will sell for $50, and the value is $160. Um, yes please!
The kit contains six products:

LipSurgence lip shine: (See swatch below) I love this lil' guy. It's a lip pencil that is super glossy (for a pencil) and has a minty, yummy flavor. I also love that it has a sharpener in the cap. Yesss'm.

pure maracuja oil rollerball: This is a super-hydrating oil that comes from an Amazonian flower and is very similar to argan oil. I like that it comes in a rollerball top, because it makes it really easy to apply to your face. As an oily-skinned sister, I would probably not use this on days that I wear makeup, and reserve it for days that I'm being a complete hermity, gross blogger.

retoucher flawless finish bamboo foundation brush: This is a foundation brush that will buff your foundation onto your skin by using circular motions. I like this guy, too.

maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15: To be honest, I haven't given this b enough time on the ho stroll yet. I got it in the shade for my self-tanned skin, and I'm pale as a mofo right now. It comes in five shades, BT-Dubs. I do like the finish on it. It goes on smoothly and has a slightly dewy finish. But like I said, I haven't worn it all day or anything, so oily peeps use with caution.

modernEYES waterproof creaseless shadow/liner: (See swatches below) This is a little bad b of a pencil that is shadow on one side and liner on the other. It has a kind of purplely/plum undertones, and the shadow especially is a gaw-geous color.

gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara: This mascara is supposed to increase lash volume by 406%. Hell if I know, but I really like this ish. Rashida Jones, Rachel Roy and Krysten Ritter are all big fans of this mascara as well. So you know I'm in if Krysten Ritter like it. (Creepy, much? Yes, I am.)


The best part of the whole deal is that tarte is donating a portion of the proceeds of this makeup kit to the Sustainable Amazon Partnership, which helps promote lasting sustainable management of the Brazilian Amazon Rainforest. Below is a picture of a school that they helped build.


I really like all of the products in this kit, and they fact that part of the proceeds go to a good cause makes them all even better. See, I'm not a completely dark sided b!






Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

storystack

Google