Monday, June 4, 2012

How I Went From Feeling "Meh" to "Shablam" About a Product in One Day

So there's this weird thing happening lately. Ever since I started this blog, everything that I have ever reviewed is something that I have bought myself. It wasn't really by choice, I was just super unpopular. (Guess I'll go eat worms.) But since I have gotten a little more exposure, people have started sending me stuff to try. But I've been treating stuff just like stuff I buy myself, which is: If I like it, I'll write about it. If I don't, I won't. So this is my first review of something that I didn't actually buy.

This is Yoshi's Magic Water, which you can buy online for $14. I was super skeptical on this mess when I received it. It seriously just looks like water in a spray bottle. It is supposed to be used either as a pre-treatment to styling or as a pick me up type of deal on dirty(ish) hair. I was really excited to try it in place of a dry shampoo, for a couple of reasons. Mainly, because I'm super lazy (which I have mentioned roughly 102830298 times) and basic hygiene is just so damn emotionally taxing. (I have to actually wash things???) But I am also oily to the absolute extreme, which lends itself to amazingly fun ish like adult acne and greasy ass hair.

So I spritzed this stuff all up on my oil slick of second day hair (P.S. I hate you b's that are like, "I haven't even washed this mop for two weeks!" And your hair is all luxurious and crap. I'm making a voodoo doll  made from your gorgeous hair, just so you know.) Anyway, I sprayed and lightly styled (lazily blow dried for 2.3 seconds with a round brush) and you know what? It wasn't that bad! Not like fresh as a daisy or anything, but it never is. So I used it a couple of times that way to pretty good results.

But I still wasn't completely on board the Magic Water train. (Which should be a ride at a theme park. I would totally ride that.) I really was using it as a late afternoon/early evening bang area de-greaser. Which it was great for.

But then yesterday, I decided to spray it on before blow drying, and not use anything else as far as styling products. (I usually use a argan oil and some other kind of treatment spray.) After styling, I thought my hurrr was looking pretty good. And it felt great, too. Not weighed down, but still relatively silky. So anyway, I just go to work and live my normal life.

Well, THREE people within a couple hours told me that my hair looked great, and what did I do differently? Whaaaat? They said my hair looked really shiny. Okay, boo boo! I'll take it!

Pic via Buzz Feed
This was me, thinking about my hair complements. (Except my hair looked better.)

So bottom line, I will be buying this myself after my sample is gone!

P.S. On the real, the sloth should try the Magic Water. That hair is looking coarse as hell.


Pin It

No comments :

Post a Comment

storystack

Google